CBS Evening News for Wednesday, Jan 08, 1997
View other clips in this broadcast →
Material supplied by VTNA may be used for educational analysis or research only. Any editing, reproduction, publication, rebroadcast, public showing or public display may be prohibited by copyright laws.
NOTE: Local weather bulletin on screen at various points in the broadcast.
(Studio: Dan Rather) Report introduced.
(New York: Jacqueline Adams) The fire hazards from halogen light bulbs because of the intense heat examined; scenes shown of the fire that destroyed jazz musician Lionel Hampton's New York City apartment yesterday. [Fire department official Louis GARCIA - says the cause was probably a halogen lamp.] [HAMPTON - comments.] [Consumer Products Safety Commission chairman Ann BROWN - says the halogen bulbs can cause fires.] [Fire victim Kathleen BATKA - tells of the fire started by her lamp.]
(Studio: Dan Rather) The warning from the Consumer Products Safety Commission about the halogen lamps reviewed.
Note to sponsor members: The Vanderbilt Television News Archive video player requires a modern operating system and browser to work properly. If you are experiencing playback problems, check the minimum requirements and adjust your setup accordingly. After adjustments, if you continue to experience problems, please contact us.
Welcome! Above is the abstract of the item that you're interested in viewing from the Vanderbilt Television News Archive's collection. You have three options if you'd like to view this item:
If you believe that you are associated with a sponsoring college or university and have received this message in error, please let us know.